Alternative and complementary medicine in Russia and CIS countries
Alternative and complementary medicine (CAM) in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), which includes countries such as Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan, has a rich and diverse history, with many traditional healing practices that have been used for centuries to treat a wide range of illnesses and conditions. Some of the most commonly used alternative therapies in CIS include herbal medicine, acupuncture, and manual therapies.
Herbal medicine, or phytotherapy, is widely practiced throughout the CIS region. Many traditional herbal remedies have been passed down through generations and are still used today to treat a variety of health problems. Herbal medicines are often used to help with digestion, relieve pain, and reduce inflammation, among other uses.
Acupuncture, which involves the insertion of needles into specific points on the body to stimulate healing and relieve pain, is also commonly used in CIS countries. Many people use acupuncture as a complementary therapy alongside other forms of medical treatment.
Manual therapies, such as massage, osteopathy, and chiropractic, are also popular in CIS countries. These therapies are often used to treat musculoskeletal conditions and to promote relaxation and overall wellbeing.
Other forms of CAM, such as homeopathy, energy medicine, and traditional Chinese medicine, are also practiced in some parts of the CIS region. However, as with any form of alternative medicine, it is important to consult with a qualified practitioner and do your research before trying any new treatment. It is also important to note that not all alternative and complementary medicine practices in CIS countries are regulated or safe.
- Status and prospects for the integration of traditional medicine in Russia
- Chinese-Russian Union of Traditional Chinese Medicine established in Moscow
- 52% of Russians trust folk (alternative medicine)
- About clinics of Chinese and Tibetan medicine in Russia
- Oriental medicine centers: an overview of Russian clinics
- Clinic of Tibetan medicine in Russia
- Clinic in Russia using pulse diagnostics
- Recovery center in Russia using traditional medicine
- About traditional Chinese medicine and its development in Belarus
- The first Ayurveda center in Belarus
- Cooperation between Belarus and China in the field of TCM
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Gives Alternative Treatments to Armenian Specialists
- Center of Traditional Chinese Medicine opened in Astana
- Center of Traditional Medicine in Armenia